A Reggio magnet school in Greater Hartford serving Connecticut
As a parent, you hope to see your child succeed in an academic setting that is safe, motivating, and nurturing. We understand that making the right choice for your child’s future means everything to you. Choosing a magnet school education may be exactly the right step for your child — and you.
Riverside Magnet School offers young children — prekindergarten through grade 5 — an exciting curriculum that focuses on building literacy, numeracy, social, and physical skills.
A curriculum that empowers
The school’s curriculum is project based and applies the world-famous Reggio Emilia model. This Reggio inspired magnet school empowers children to reach their full potential by controlling the direction of their learning, finding endless ways and opportunities to express themselves.
A flexible full-day program
Each classroom has fully certified teachers who plan customized learning, based on the children’s interests and needs, encouraging many forms of expression. All children are offered a full-day program.
For your convenience, we offer before-and-after-school care for children, as well as a Summer Studio program. Extended hours are available on a tuition basis. See our Studio page for more information.
As a magnet school, Riverside offers several benefits including:
- Academic success that prepares students for a lifetime of achievement
- Diverse student body that encourages respect, empathy and collaboration
- Family and community involvement that instills a passion for learning and growth
- Flexible and innovative curriculum centered around a unifying theme
With a project-based education and hands-on learning approach, your child will be prepared for a bright future. The diverse student body allows for increased cultural competencies. Riverside offers a wide array of opportunities for family and community involvement as we feel those two components are an integral part of a student’s overall success.
“Our mission is to honor the natural development and diversity of all young scholars so they can reach their individual potential. Through respectful interactions and our dedication to equitable, high quality instruction, we foster a sense of wonder and curiosity that serves as a catalyst for a lifetime of learning.”
TONJA kelly, PRINCIPAL
- Full-day NAEYC-accredited pre-K program
- Offers Morning and Afternoon Studio, a before-and-after-school enrichment program that provides extended hours; and Summer Studio, a summer program
- Employs fully certified teachers complemented by curriculum specialists in all grades
- Emphasizes outdoor learning opportunities for children and their families
- Follows world renowned Reggio Emilia model of learning
- Provides full-day education for children in prekindergarten — grade 5
- Has a state-of-the-art facility with technology designed for young children, including Smart Boards and computers in every classroom
Magnet school transportation
We believe that everyone should have access to a great education. That’s why we make transportation to and from our magnet schools as convenient as possible. Learn about your transportation options now.
Interested in RMS?
Virtual Info Sessions
Applying for the 2021-2022 School Year:
RSCO will be accepting applications for the 2021-22 school year from December 1, 2020 through March 19, 2021.
Applying? Select us as FIRST choice:
At RMS we generally do not get through all of our first choice applicants. So please make sure you select us as your first choice!