WELCOME NEW FAMILIES
A message from our Administration
Congratulations on your acceptance to Riverside Magnet School and welcome to the RMS family!
Important: You must accept or decline your placement offer by the date indicated on the email from the Regional School Choice Office (RSCO).
To accept or decline your placement offer please visit www.rsco2.ct.gov
Next log-in to the RSCO’s online system with the User ID and Password you created to submit your child’s lottery application. Next you will be given the option to accept or decline your placement offer.
The value we place on building relationships and supporting children and families begins immediately upon the acceptance of your lottery seat. Once you accept your seat through the RSCO website, our school will contact you to continue the registration process. You will be receiving a link and access code to begin registration through Powerschool Enrollment.
We are here for you and will assist you through each step of the process.
Our community believes that every student is capable of great success when challenged within a nurturing environment built upon purposeful learning experiences and genuine relationships. As a Reggio Emilia inspired school, the learning process is celebrated in a way that promotes children’s social, emotional, physical, and academic development. At RMS, authentic educational experiences are developed to inspire critical thinkers, effective communicators, and lifelong learners.
If you are a family of a preschooler, please pay close attention to the preschool tuition guidelines under “frequently asked questions” (FAQ tab).
We look forward to having you and your child join our caring and positive learning community!
With warmest regards,
Welcome and Registration Next Steps 2022
Accept or Decline your placement offer at rsco2.ct.gov.
Complete our school's registration paperwork using Power School Enrollment. An account as been created for you. Check your email!
Our school will contact you to continue the registration process.
In the mean time, collect the following documents:
1. Your Photo ID (we will make a copy to keep on file)
2. Your child’s birth certificate (we will make a copy to keep on file)
3. Any legal custodial documentation (this is ONLY required for parent(s) who do not share custody or are not the legal guardian(s) of the student)
4. A copy of your child’s most recent progress report (if applicable)
5. Record of your child’s most recent test scores (reading, math - if applicable)
6. Any documentation from your child’s previous school (i.e. IEP/504/Birth to Three, evaluations, medical records, etc.)
7. A copy of deed, mortgage statement, tax bill or utility bill (Hartford Residents Only)
8. Register with your town.
9. If you are registering a preschool student, please read the information about preschool tuition under our FAQ tab. If your child is entering preschool, please provide your most recent tax forms
Did you know?
We offer before-and-after-school care for children, as well as a summer studio program. Extended hours are available on a tuition basis. See our Studio page for more information.
Frequently Asked Questions
- For support, please reach out to:
- When is the deadline to register for my child's RMS placement?
- How do I access my Power School Enrollment registration?
- My child is entering Preschool, is there a tuition?
- I am from Hartford, how do I prove my residency?
- I am NOT a Hartford Resident, how do I prove my residency?
- Is there before school and after school care?
- I have all my documents, what do I do now?
- Where can I find the forms I need for registrion?
- Does my child need a physical to attend?
- Where do I get my child's health records?
- Does my child get transportation?
- How will I know when my child is fully registered and able to attend RMS in the fall?
- What happens when my child is waitlisted?
- I'm going into 6th grade, where do I register?