WELCOME NEW FAMILIES
A message from the Principal
Congratulations on your acceptance to Riverside Magnet School and welcome to the RMS family!
Important: You must accept or decline your placement offer by Sunday, May 10, 2020, as indicated on the email from the Regional School Choice Office (RSCO).
To accept or decline your placement offer please visit www.choiceeducation.org. Next log-in to the RSCO’s online system with the User ID and Password you created to submit your child’s lottery application. Next you will be given the option to accept or decline your placement offer. I hope you accept!
The value we place on building relationships and supporting children and families begins immediately upon the acceptance of your lottery seat. Once you accept your seat through the RSCO website, our school will contact you to continue the registration process.
During this unprecedented time of the COVID-19 Pandemic and the need to modify our registration process, we continue to recognize that the transition to a new school is not only a significant step in a child’s life, but also for families. We are here for you and will assist you through each step of the process. We will make sure that you register, make a connection, and learn about our school.
Our community believes that every student is capable of great success when challenged within a nurturing environment built upon purposeful learning experiences and genuine relationships. As a Reggio Emilia inspired school, the learning process is celebrated in a way that promotes children’s social, emotional, physical, and academic development. At RMS, authentic educational experiences are developed to inspire critical thinkers, effective communicators, and lifelong learners.
If you are a family of a preschooler, please pay close attention to the preschool tuition guidelines under “frequently asked questions” (FAQ tab).
We look forward to having you and your child join our caring and positive learning community!
With warmest regards,
Tonja Kelly, Principal
Step 1: Accept or decline your placement offer at www.choiceeducation.org.
Step 2: Complete our school's registration paperwork using SchoolMint. An account has already been created for you. Please check your email for this information.
Step 3: Once you've completed steps 1 and 2, all you need to do is wait for our us to contact you to continue the registration process.
In the mean time, collect the following documents:
1. Your Photo ID (we will make a copy to keep on file)
2. Your child’s birth certificate (we will make a copy to keep on file)
3. Any legal custodial documentation (this is ONLY required for parent(s) who do not share custody or are not the legal guardian(s) of the student)
4. A copy of your child’s most recent progress report (if applicable)
5. Record of your child’s most recent test scores (reading, math - if applicable)
6. Any documentation from your child’s previous school (i.e. IEP/504/Birth to Three, evaluations, medical records, etc.)
7. A copy of deed, mortgage statement, tax bill or utility bill (Hartford Residents Only)
8. Register with your town.
9. If you are registering a preschool student, please read the information about preschool tuition under our FAQ tab. If your child is entering preschool, please provide your most recent tax forms
Did you know?
We offer before-and-after-school care for children, as well as a summer studio program. Extended hours are available on a tuition basis. See our Studio page for more information.
- I need help and the school is closed; who do I contact?
- What is my SchoolMint username?
- Are there any costs to attend?
- How do I prove my residency?
- Is there before-and-after-school care?
- I secured all necessary documents; what do I do now?
- Where can I find the forms needed for registration?
- Does my child need a physical to attend?
- Where do I get my child's health records?
- Is transportation provided?
- How will I know my child is fully registered for the fall?
- What happens if my child is waitlisted?
- I'm going into 6th grade, when do I register?
- When is the deadline to register for my child's placement at RMS?